Lots of small but helpful things have been added to Zingtree since our last updates post.
Everybody loves new features. Think of these items as an early holiday gift.
- Option to enable Single Sign-on (SSO) for authors.
- MailChimp App and integration.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide variables using a new Math webhook.
- &keep_vars_on_back=1 parameter. (for Shawn, Raj)
- New author timeout after inactivity option.
- Admins can set strong password requirement for invitees.
- Can upload and play videos via a private Zingtree server. (Customer requests for private videos.)
- New setting for right-to-left languages for easier editing.
- Logic/Document nodes now offer a “contains” string operation. (for Austin)
- New Search and Replace tool. Makes it even easier to edit text in your trees.
- &merge_vars_not_fixed parameter: Merge variables can now set data entry field defaults. (Pascal)
- Settings / Themes picker now has an option to place question area on top or bottom.
- Added Linked tree search to search through all trees and any linked trees via tree nodes. (Nick W.)
- Added auth_token parameter for webhook authorization – returns X-Auth-Token in Header. (Vivek)
- Temporary File Upload type – expires in 3 days. (Jim)
Updates to Existing Features
Some of our existing features we have made even more useful with some tweaks.
- New Text editor. Big Improvement for editing content.
- Single Sign-on now enabled for viewing session details.
- Reconfigured Single Sign-on setup interface.
- Now includes time zone UTC offset in location info variables as zt_tz and zt_tz_encoded. (Raj)
- Duplicate (Copy) Webhook option (Raj)
- App manager (Webhooks) now has more details, shows usage and which trees use each app.
- Uploaded images can now be viewed in the tree. (Karen D.)
- Added session info button to History in agent view, Zendesk Agent Scripting App. (Katie)
- Webhooks now get a variable node_id sent by default. (Raj)
- Added Tree Title: Show option to Publishing Links, Hosted, Advanced Options.
- Added disable_scroll option to embedded Advanced Options in Publishing Links tool.
- Create Tree now lets authors choose the tree’s language.
- Zendesk Agent scripting app now passing zendesk_tags as a variable.
- Session History stock webhook can now return plaintext data instead of HTML formatted data. (Gabe)
- Button click variables can now be assigned text.
And Bug Fixes:
Yes, sometimes even we make mistakes or discover edge cases nobody ever thought of! We do our best to fix these as quickly as possible.
- Ensures pop-ups always appear on top. (DT)
- API calls with a large amount of data no longer give an error 500. (Jay)
- Phone number validation now returns invalid if any characters or unusual punctuation is found in the number. (Jay)
- First button with zero value no longer resets the running total score to zero. (Steve H.)
- Now properly tracks form data from “back” buttons over logic nodes. (Mari)
- Going “back” properly refreshes nodes that contain form data variables.
- Email nodes now stay inside of containing iFrame after a message is sent. (Pinkesh)
- Going back over logic nodes keeps previous scores intact.
- Moved resources to new CDN due to them being blocked in China.
- Tab characters in data entry fields should no longer break webhook or Zapier calls. (Alok)
- Back button no longer removes form data items from the session. (Raj, others)
- Doesn’t use Chinese as default language if non-Chinese is used.
- Instant Preview in Edit Node now shows custom button styles properly.
- Mobile pop-overs now work properly.
- Allows special characters in merge variables. (Miguel)
- Missing scrollbar in Agent portal for IE 11 now shows. (Mark D.)
- Server auto-scaling tweaks to alleviate morning traffic spike congestion.
- Transfers account status to new organizations linked to original. (Arnel)
- Link colors in answer nodes using Default, Classic theme templates now show properly.
A majority of these enhancements were initiated from customer requests.
Got any suggestions for the rest of 2017, or to start 2018? Please share!