Use Sub-trees For Tackling The Trickiest Trees
Have you had trouble developing intricate, multi-step trees? Is maintaining an easy flow for your users throughout a complex decision process a challenge? Are you having issues scaling your trees up to accommodate more users and use cases?
If you know you’re going to have a large project ahead of you, planning is crucial. You’ll want to break up your larger tree into individual threads and themes. Once they’re broken up, you can refine the smaller pieces until they’re perfected, and then create discrete, small to medium sized trees. Finally, once your sub-trees are ready and working properly by themselves, you can use Tree Nodes to connect them into your finished, mega-Zingtree.
While in the planning stages of complex decision trees, many users find these sub-trees occur naturally. So pause your active tree development (just for a minute) in Wizard or Designer, make an outline of your tree and its constituent sub-trees.
Try using sub-trees for your most intricate trees today.
One of the great things about Zingtree is that it can be used to quickly create a variety of interactive projects. Training simulations are one example.
After talking with a couple of customers, we’ve created a Training Template in the Zingtree gallery. You can copy this project into your own Zingtree account, modify the content, and have your own training simulation up and running in minutes.
Use the Copy button from the Zingtree Gallery, or explore the Training Simulation Template here.
We hope to see you in Vegas this week for the 16th Annual Call Center Conference & Expo. We will be roaming the Mirage Hotel expo floor and attending as many panels and keynotes as possible. Soaking up all of the information and connecting with call center professionals to better improve our Agent Scripting App and better help us help you with customer interactions.
If you’re here too, please tweet at us. We’d love to say hello!
This past week has been busy, with a lot of little enhancements, and some cool new tools to make your decision tree building even better. Here’s what’s new for you:
- Edit Node: New Save and Duplicate button makes it easy to copy the current node.
- Overview: New “sticky views” lets you maintain a questions or titles view until you change it.
- New Tree Compare tool: Want to see the differences between two trees? Go to More Tools, and try the new Tree Compare.
- Start Node in URL: You can now start your tree running from any node, not just the root node. More in the FAQ. (h/t Sue T.)
Also, we fixed a few tertiary bugs, and made your Zingtree experience much more stream-lined:
- Collaboration Invite: no longer sends signup email if collaborator is already signed up.
- Log Out moved to Accounts tab. (Makes more sense there, right?)
- Preview no longer fails if out of session credits.
- The emails we send you look better.
- Bug fix: Wizard – Use Existing Node failed to let list of nodes appear (h/t Steve W.).
- Bug fix: Designer – multiple nodes pointing to the same place caused missing or reordered buttons. (h/t Tom).
- Bug fix: Copy tree no longer changes node titles with ampersands in them.
Have a suggestion or a bug report? Let us know!