We’ve been busy this summer – so much so that we haven’t had a chance to share all the great updates we’ve done in the last couple of months! So here’s a list of all the latest improvements to Zingtree:
- New: Popup overlay option
- Fix: Webhooks now run when added to root node
- New: Pre-defined webhooks (Session Summary, Timestamp, Send Custom Email)
- Fix: Phone number field type can now be set as ‘required” (Boruch)
- Fix: Preview now shows agent / end-user views properly (Boruch)
- Update: Sessions List report now paginates at 500 per page (Roman)
- New: Send secure session data link in email node also now includes a link to reopen the session (Boruch)
- Fix: Zendesk app Q&A now shows all button clicks, even when going through subtrees (Phillip R.)
- Fix: Session detail report now shows subtree jumps properly (Phillip R.)
- Fix: PHP API call for tree_sessions now recognizes tree_sessions operation.
- New: Repeating Forms
- Fix: Designer now properly saves absolute button click values (i.e. =3)
- Fix: Agent logins with trailing space characters now work in Agent Portal
- Fix: Designer now always shows root node properly
- New: Search Terms report
- Update: Added Copy to Clipboard button for iFrame embed advanced options
- New: Timestamp stock webhook (for Abe in Japan)
- Update: Cleaned up API documentation so section titles and calls properly matched
- Update: Layout of My Agents page improved
- Fix: Phone number verification now treats numbers starting with 1 as International style. Allows for easy verification of USA numbers entered starting with 1.
- Update: Made margins smaller for embeds in mobile device.
- New: added email validation option, phone number validation (Tom K., Alok)
- Fix: Verified badges for address lookups now align with input forms
- Fix: Address verification now looks better on smaller screen displays
- Fix: Copying trees now also properly copies checkbox score values in data entry forms (Ana)
- New: Added CSV export to All Tree Stats report.
- New: USA Address auto-complete and verification system in place
- Update: Increased max form fields to 50 (Jonathan K)
- Update: Scoring nodes can now call webhooks
- Update: Webhooks and apps no longer run asynchronously, so webhook data is available immediately upon node launch
- Fix: Recovering trees from snapshots no longer duplicates form fields
- Fix: Copying a tree saves new copy as first entry in snapshots, labels the copy event properly
- Update: All tree Stats report shows totals in the last row (Diana T.), lets you select an organization
- Fix: Thin line at top of embedded trees no longer appears (Josh S)
- Update: Agent portal “Done with Customer” button now logs that as a button click in session logs
- Fix: Plus signs in email addresses now get transferred properly via email-session-info link nodes.
- Fix: Embed options now always uses https by default.
- Fix: Publishing links cleaned up for https always.
- Update: Custom CSS URLs are now forced to be https in Settings tool.
- New: Data Totals report
- Fix: Saving layouts with unlinked nodes in Designer no longer gives weird error messages
- Fix: “Default Browser” as browser type broke Zendesk agent scripting app for some people
- Fix: Redirecting from http to https didn’t work for some really long URLs. Including Zendesk Agent Scripting app.
- Fix: Webhooks now handle URLs with variables with spaces properly
- Update: Now forces https for all URLs
- New: Added zt_browser as an enhanced location variable
- Fix: Pressing restart button reloads enhanced location variables, merge variables
- Update: Question field length now 500 characters (Julie C.)
- Fix: Updated location data for higher volume lookups
- Fix: Resetting button click variables on the first click now works properly.
- Update: Export to CSV buttons now at top of each report page (for Josh)
- New: Option to switch between running total and fixed value for button click scoring
Whew! That’s a lot of updates over the last two months.
Whenever possible, we give credit to the customer who suggested an improvement. So if you have a brilliant idea, a suggestion, or a real need, let us know and we’ll do our best to make it part of the next update.
These past two weeks have been spent making Zingtree location aware, along with a few other things…
Here’s the latest:
- New: Collect Location Data option (geo / language).
- New: User signups set default timezone automatically from IP data.
- Update: Single Sign-on Service provider Entity ID now requires a URL. One less thing to go wrong.
- Update: Hides title and/or content area in panels mode if blank (for Josh).
- Update: Form data report field names are now output in sorted order. (for Sherry S.)
- Update: Compare trees tool has improved layout, can now toggle showing designer layout data.
- Update: CSV import and CSV export can now handle scoring variables and scored button clicks (for Katie P.).
- Update: Add Collaborator process has one less screen, more consistent with other processes.
- New: In the Zendesk Agent Scripting app, adding ::tag to the end of button text will trigger Zendesk tags to be sent when button clicked. (for Katie P.)
- Update: New spreadsheet import examples to showcase new features, including Logic Node import, scoring and more.
- Fix: Proper discount rate shows when ordering a new plan, buying bulk credits.
- Fix: Link Nodes opening in new tab restore last viewed node, remove the “please wait” thing (for Logan).
- Fix: Apostrophes in merge variable values are now handled correctly (Chris P.)
Got a suggestion for an update? Give us a shout!
Besides turning Scoring Nodes into more powerful Logic Nodes, we’ve done a lot of little improvements and fixes in the last 30 days. In particular, we’ve had a few requests for enhancing Data Entry capabilities.
Here’s what’s new:
- New: Logic nodes
- API: delete_form_data returns better error message if deleting already deleted form data (Jay H.)
- Fix: Link nodes now wait for session data to save before linking out. Makes API calls from linked node work 100% reliably.
- Fix: SSO URLs are now REST compliant (no & or ? characters) (Priya)
- New: Added browser_language built-in variable (Eric J.)
- Update: Logic node editor can set root node.
- Update: Tree nodes can be set as root node (Chris P.)
- Update: Only allows letters, numbers and underscores in tags. (Morgan A.)
- Update: Edit Content Node shows advanced options by default if tags or any other advanced option is set (Bill Z.)
- Update: Simple Overview shows node tags on each line (if they exist). (Bill Z.)
- Update: Link nodes now show a “please wait” message, in case new page is slow to open. Also improves email-session-info.php experience.
- Fix: No longer able to inadvertently create node #0 from Document Node editor. (James W.)
- Update: Tree search (and search in Zingtree FAQ) now shows node title and tag matches first. This gives more relevant results for tree searches.
- Fix: host-trees integration URL with a space in the agent name source= parameter now gives correct results (Juan C.).
- Update: Create Tree for Excel, Sheets options now includes direct links to Excel, Sheets example files.
- Fix: Blank lines in bulk agent submit no longer show an errant error message. (Allen J.)
- Fix: removed extra white space at the bottom of embedded trees (Josh S.). (Requires getting new embed code.)
- Fix: Now saves form data when jumping to a new tree and not continuing past the first node (Diana T.).
- Fix: Session List CSV export now uses local time.
- New: Session List (All Trees) Report (for Koltyn)
- Fix: Agent feedback button didn’t show or work properly in embedded trees (Morgan).
- Update: Button labels can now be 255 characters.
- Update: Increased database performance by moving to SSD storage.
- Fix: Now allows tags to be entered without having to press ENTER.
- Update: Default tag choices that appear in tag list drop down in Settings, My Agents are from all agents and trees, and only from current organization.
- New: Email and password field types now included in Data Entry Forms (Imran, Maximiliano)
- Update: Now supports “required” option for radio buttons in data entry forms (Imran, Diana T.)
- Fix: Tooltips now always appear
- Fix: Preview for authors with apostrophes in their name now works properly (Joe O’)
- Fix: Nopermalink now gets passed as a parameter for host-trees.php (Jenn V.)
- Fix: Uses https:// for hosting when going from https://zingtree.com/host-trees.php (Jenn V.)
- Update: SSO restriction is set by default for new trees if SSO is set up for organization (Jenn V.)
- Update: Better CSS for panels style tree rendering.
- Update: Spaces in search parameters sent to host-trees.php turn into underscores so tag matching can work properly (Jenn V.)
- Fix: Clicks and Usage report wasn’t showing true engagement due to using last click time.
- Fix: Empty scoring variables no longer cause JS errors when rendering trees (Bob H.)
- Fix: Emailed session transcripts from multi-tree sessions now get the proper questions before the tree jump (Travis A.)
- Fix: Webhooks with no returned data no longer make JS errors while rendering tree (Bob H.)
- Fix: Editing data entry fields – can now properly set Required attribute for multiline text fields (Bob H.)
- Fix: Launching trees from host-trees.php now properly passes along agent name (Juan C.)
- New: /api/get-history-data.php for use with updated Zendesk Support app
- Update: Agent feedback now includes link to session transcript (Katheryn P.)
- Update: Added last_click_time fields to get_session_data API call (Ricardo)
As always, let us know if you have any suggestions, comments, or brilliant ideas!
Being able to see how much time and money you are saving with Zingtree makes us all feel good and useful. So this past week we’ve been working with some of our customers to make reporting cleaner.
Here’s what’s new with reporting:
- Fix: All Tree Stats, Clicks and Usage and Popular Nodes now using same measurement techniques for engagement (Olivier).
- Fix: Session Detail report now shows duration from first click (Jane A.).
- Update: Added Agent Details to All Agents report.
Our APIs and integrations also needed a few tweaks to help solve some business problems for our customers. Here’s what’s new on the API side:
- Fix: Zendesk session ID stuffer leaves existing session IDs in place in case of error submitting ticket form (Iggy).
- Fix: Back button keeps data entry field values. (Chrispy).
- Update for Zendesk tag matching (Jorge).
- Update: /api/tree-tag-search.php now takes a minimum number of tags to match (Jorge).
- Update: Zendesk API now returns a blank instead of “false” if no session IDs present (Bryan M.).
- Fix: API for tree tag matching strips trailing commas from search string.
- Update: Tree tag matching now returns results in alphabetical order.
Got any great ideas? Chat us up!
In the last days of 2016 and the first few days of 2017, while eating and drinking like everyone else, we also spent some time making Zingtree just that much better. It’s good karma to start the new year well, right?
Here’s what’s new for 2017 (so far):
- Update: Session List report now shows total time from first click, rather that tree launch. Also shows European time if in Europe, and removes unneeded columns (Ricardo L.).
- Fix: Apostrophes in user names no longer cause tree preview to fail (Lauren D’A).
- Fix: Tree names with quotes no longer break designer when being referred to in tree nodes.
- Update: Session Details report now shows timezone of organization’s super user (Tobias H).
- Update: Data Entry checkboxes now include option for scoring (Vanessa, David).
- Fix: Display order in Simple Overview works properly even after “set start node” is changed in Edit Node.
- Fix: All Agents report now includes just sessions with clicks, not ALL sessions.
- Fix: Sessions paused and restarted now always have have proper state for restarting.
- Fix: Fade transition effect for “all tree search” now works properly.
- Update: Hosted tree search for “node content” now searches through page titles and questions, as well as content area.
- Fix: Copy Node now clears clear tree cache (Arie S.).
- Update: Now using Google CDN for more reliable loading of key included files.
Got a new year’s resolution we can help you achieve? Send us a note!