Many customers have asked for a way to include file uploads as a part of a Zingtree decision tree session. Some use cases include:
- Attaching a screenshot.
- Including a photo.
- Uploading a document.
Using Data Entry Fields, you can pick the File Upload field type. This allows you to include one or more files in the session data gathered by Zingtree. When the end-user uploads a file, here’s what happens:
- The file is copied from the end-user’s computer to a Zingtree file storage server.
- Zingtree assigns a variable to the URL where the new file resides.
Security note: Each file uploaded has a random 7 digit prefix or session ID attached to it, so that files with the same name aren’t overwritten, and the file names cannot easily be discovered by hackers.
How It Works
When the end-user reaches a node with a file upload, they will see something like this:
Clicking Upload Document File allows them to choose a file on their computer. Once a file is chosen, the button changes:
How to Set up File Uploads
When editing a node, do the following:
- Go to Data Entry Fields, and select Add:
- Choose File Upload as the field type, and enter a variable name and label for the upload button:
- Click Add Field.
- Now click Save Changes to save changes in the node you were editing.
It’s that simple! This gallery example shows how a simple file upload tree is built.
If this is useful for you, let us know. We love customer stories!