Matthew W., one of our customers, had a brilliant recommendation on how to make the Zingtree rendering engine to be much faster. It made so much sense we just had to do it.
And now, one month later, the latest Zingtree release is so much faster than before. You’ll see the difference when clicking buttons. The next node appears immediately.
So if you’re already deploying a Zingtree, grab the latest Publish code, or download the latest WordPress plugin, and your end-users will be getting answers even faster than ever before!
Recently, a customer asked how to add a link within a Zingtree so that their home-grown support system could retrieve the click history for the current session. Great question! Here’s how to do it:
1. We offer an API link to retrieve session data in a text format. You just need to pass it a session ID. The URL looks like this:
2. Within Zingtree, you can insert the current session ID into any node’s contents using the string #session#.
So to include a link to open a text page with all the current session info, you could add this HTML into your node:
<a href="http://zingtree.com/api/get-session-data.php?session_id=#session#" target="_blank">Click here for session data</a>
Armed with this information, a programmer could make something to incorporate Zingtree session data into any custom support or CRM system.
Update October 15, 2015: If you’re looking to get session data in a more human readable form, use this API URL instead:
Here’s an example, with live data from one of our Gallery sessions:
We’re getting a lot of interest from Zendesk customers with Live Support and Call Center needs, so we’ve taken the past week to update our Zendesk Agent Scripting App to Version 4. The latest version can be downloaded from here.
Here’s what’s new:
1. Panels View. You can now display your trees in traditional “buttons” view, or have each clickable choice appear on a separate line in text, as shown here:
To set this up, there’s a new setting called “Display in Panels Style” (duh).
2. Tracking of tree nodes is improved, especially when the “back” or “reset” buttons are clicked.
3. Demo mode: Using the Agent Scripting app now uses your free allotment of Agent Credits while you are testing. In most cases, this will give you a longer trial period.
If you have additional feedback for our Zendesk app, then please reach out and let us know. In the meantime, be sure to find us on LinkedIn for questions and discussions from users like you.