Many of our call center customers are using Zingtree to collect data from their customers, and in a sales or shipping application, there’s always an address form or two to fill out. Our customer Tom K. asked us if there was a way to make this process faster, and also to verify addresses to eliminate costly shipping errors. The short answer? Yes! Zingtree has an automatic address auto-complete and verification capability available to you.
Note: There is an extra cost for each address verification lookup: two Enhanced Usage credits, or $0.02 per lookup. And currently, this is for addresses in the USA only.
Here’s How It Works
The more text you enter, the fewer matches appear:
Once you select a match, the city, state and zip code are filled in automatically, and the address is verified against the USPS database. If the address is valid, a “USPS Verified” tag will appear in the form:
How to Set Up Address Auto-Complete and Verification
Setting up a form with address verification requires two parts:
- Enable the Verify USA Addresses option in the Tree’s Settings.
- Set up your address entry forms, using the new address 1, address 2, city, state and zip field types.
Step by step, here’s how to do it:
- Select your tree, and go to the Settings tool.
- Click the Data tab. You’ll see something like this:
- Make sure Verify: USA Addresses is checked. This will enable the special address field types.
- Click Update All Settings.
- Now, go to Overview, and edit a question node where your address form resides.
- Locate the Data Entry Fields area, and click Add Data Entry Field.
- Add the first line of address entry, using the field type Address 1:
- Add the second line of the address, using the Address 2 field type.
- Add a field for the city, using the City field type.
- Add a field for the state, using the State field type.
- Add a field for the zip code, using the Zip field type.
- When you’re done, the data entry fields summary will look something like this:
Important: Make sure the field types are all set properly.
- Save your node by clicking Save Changes.
If you like this feature or have any ideas on how to make Zingtree even more useful, please send us a message.