This past month’s updates include some new security and access restriction features, performance enhancements, interface improvements, and a variety of small bug fixes. Here are the details:
- New Change Log report to show what authors have done. Also exportable to CSV.
- New Hidden Field data entry type (for Ted B, Others)
- New API calls for agent_add, agent_remove. (These are no-login agents.)
- Google sign-in authentication for agents (for Benjamin)
- Push Live tool
- Server updates and extra capacity
- Performance enhancements with smarter file caching. Added cache_tree URL parameter option.
- Different Single Sign-on Identity Providers for authors and agents.
- Internally logging security events (logins, failed logins, email sends, tree changes)
- Single Sign-on logins for agent portal (Lynne H.)
- ##include_url: ## template macro for loading data from 3rd party URLs
- Agent Portal now has #agent_first_name# variable. (Craig S.)
- Can now pass new merge variables into a pause-and-resume session (Geoff)
- Updated Zendesk Agent Scripting App. New agent_tags variable included in URL, no more flashing when going between tickets.
- Session summary from Zendesk app now shows which agent did which click (Sonny R.)
- Add Agent can now use a no-login option.
- Max video upload size is now 150 MB (from 50 Mb) (Darryl )
- Session Info cookie is now protected by https.
- Agent portal node search now includes node tags (Jonathan B)
- Reordered Add Node selections based upon popularity.
- Reordered node icons in Designer by popularity.
- New Tutorials and Videos.
- Easier-to-use Edit Content Node. Now uses tabs to surface advanced options.
- Pop-up editors in Designer now use more screen space.
- Easier-to-navigate Settings tool uses tabs.
- Tools pages and drop-down tools menu reorganized.
- Consistent tree info display across tools.
- Formatting of default hosted link on Publishing Tools page – removed extra spaces at front.
- No more weird message when viewing gallery trees in Designer.
- Node editor – Data entry fields no longer appear by default in question nodes.
- Node editor – switching between question and answer types now keeps tabs straight.
- Node editor – Dragging to reorder buttons or data entry fields now positions items properly in range of editor.
- Reordering nodes in Simple Overview now shows node being moved in proper position.
- Simple Overview no longer shows empty “Variables: “
- Session Details no longer unnecessarily shows tree name from starting tree in each step.
- Node editor no longer flashes a bunch of blank buttons when first loading.
- Archiving Development version of a tree also archives the live version (Vlad).
- No longer showing button class overrides (i.e. .btn-red) in front of History (Tal D.)
- Designer no longer adds “score” variable to new nodes.
- Zapier interface handles newlines in data entry variables properly (i.e. Session History variable) (Gabe L.)
- Importing session_history variable into a pause and resume session no longer causes a JS error (John H.)
- #agent# now gets used as a variable in Agent Portal (Ted B.)
- Space character in agent login no longer makes agent portal tree viewing fail (Gordon S.)
- Cleaned up tree search tool for Live vs. Development trees.
- Nodes with tree search forms now locate live or development versions depending on live/dev status of the originating tree.
- Tree search nodes no longer always return results where page title had “search” in it. Also didn’t properly look for page titles.
- FAQ and end-user tree searches no longer return every node when searching keywords “title”, “span”, and other HTML elements.
- Zapier authentication no longer ignores fields that were once empty (Josh D).
- Zendesk Agent App: Newline in Zendesk custom field or merge variable value caused no session to be saved.
- Session Matrix report uses faster queries, no longer displays button formatting overrides.
- Responsive image selection now works properly for all image insert operations.
- Compare Trees tool no longer shows “Return to previous tree” as an option.
- Data Entry Fields: Required markers for placeholders now appear on the same line as input control for small display widths (Jay H.).
- Data entry fields no longer have extra line space between them in small display widths (Jay H.).
- Address auto-complete and validation no longer fails when a pre-existing address is in the form (Jay H.).
- No longer tries to validate empty phone numbers (Jay H.).
- “Add another” for repeating form entries is now working properly on all browsers.
- Ill-formed include_url blocks no longer reload this tree, causing a propagation of buttons.
- “Sorry, but you don’t belong to organization…” endless login loop message no longer when organization no longer accessible.
- Clicking tree search results didn’t always change the page.
- Clicking search results should now always change the page.
- IPV6 addresses now work for getting location data (Raj).
- Changing email address in login info now goes to proper logout page.
- Copying or moving trees to new organizations also copies webhooks. (Raj)
Thanks to all of our customers who contacted us with great suggestions and astute observations.
If you have a suggestion for us or see something that you think could be done better – please let us know!