As a B2B company, we’re no strangers to providing service and finding customer support tools that can improve how we identify issues, stay in contact, and share important information with those who need it within the company. As it’s well known in any industry out there, poor customer service experiences really do stay with the customer, and they can essentially erase all of the hard work and effort it took to get them in the door in the first place.
A recent survey reports that customer service is the number one priority for small business owners, and we at Zingtree are no exception. We’ve experimented over the years with the best ways to help combat support issues that can lead to even more damaging, long-term problems and promote better understanding, access, and customer experience.
Below are 5 incredible customer support tools that every support team can easily master, leading to more efficiency, streamlined communication, and happier customers.
Perfect for: being more available to your customers
Intercom has a complete suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle — covering acquisition, engagement, and support. In essence, Intercom offers an all-in-one communication platform for live chat, email support, targeted messages, and more. We use Intercom for all of these great uses, which helps us stay connected with our customers as they are on our website, and set up automated emails for specific segmented customers to deliver tailored content.
Some of Intercom’s best features include:
- An operator bot that can send qualified responses to customers in live chat when you’re away.
- A flexible API so you can customize with integrations, keep everything in sync, and aggregate data more easily.
Here’s more information on how Intercom and Zingtree work together for even more customer support power.
Perfect for: organizing internal teams and projects
Basecamp is a real-time project management system and team communication platform rolled up into one nice package. Used primarily for resource planning and long-term scheduling, it has awesome features for teams to keep track of project priorities. Whenever we get a new feature request, we log this straight into Basecamp, along with the contact info of the customer; and, as we do updates, we also use the platform to notify every customer who requested the feature. Not only does this process breed loyalty, but Basecamp makes it easy for us to log and organize all of our feature requests. We keep a continually evolving roadmap of what to do next, and it’s 99% customer driven.
Some of Basecamp’s best features include:
- A full schedule display to see every to-do, timeline, and deadline in a calendar format.
- The ability to forward important emails from your inbox straight to your account, where it can be discussed and specifications can be laid out.
3. Reply (by Buffer)
Perfect for: social media listening and support
Reply by Buffer is a fabulous tool that displays your tweets in what they refer to as “a real-time tweet inbox” that lets you streamline social media conversations in one centralized location, and then assign tasks and respond. While they boast the ability to connect social messages from Facebook and Instagram as well, we’ve primarily used it to keep things moving on our Twitter account – a real lifesaver when you’re working with someone on an issue or question.
Some of Reply’s best features include:
- Automatically identifies any past conversations you’ve had with a user, so you never forget a detail.
- GIF, image, and emoji support to keep things light and provide more context when needed.
Perfect for: building out the ideal knowledge base
Our very own Zingtree toolkit is also a powerful customer support tool to add to the list. Providing a fully-interactive environment for guiding customers through troubleshooters, FAQs, product support, process guides, and more in a simplified way, it’s perfect for support teams in companies of all sizes. There’s no technical know-how or coding required to get set up with using decision trees for support, and can be embedded directly into any website using just a small piece of HTML – even in emails! We use Zingtree internally to manage our knowledge base of information, as well as set up demo requests, and even provide end-to-end technical support.
Some of Zingtree’s best features include:
- Robust integrations with email, live chat, CRM, and Helpdesk systems like Zendesk, Salesforce, and others.
- Collecting data, feedback, and other key information from customers to streamline the support process.
- Analytics and reports that can help track the performance of a decision tree, examine traffic patterns, point out demographic data, and more.
Here’s more information on how Zingtree integrates with other customer support tools like Zendesk, Salesforce, and more.
Perfect for: simple and straightforward scheduling
Calendly is your source for ending the dreaded email tag loop, allowing you to share availability for meetings or appointments of any kind just with a quick link. Our business revolves around building relationships; we want to make sure each potential user knows how to extract the most out of Zingtree, and to get their implementation questions answered before they really start building decision trees. By automating the scheduling of meetings and demos, we save a lot of time in back-and-forth, get to know customers well, gather up great ideas by talking to people, as well as receive fewer support requests in the long run.
Calendly is integrated into our “Request a Demo” decision tree, which gathers information from our clients. In our calendar, we get a nice summary from the Zingtree session of what each prospective customer is looking for, which helps us set up the most relevant demo beforehand.
Some of Calendly’s best features include:
- Integrates with most major calendar services, like Google Outlook, Office 365, and iCloud.
- Detects which time zone a user/invitee is in and presents them with the correct one.
Here’s more information on how Calendly and Zingtree work together to create a more seamless user experience.
Check out some of our other great posts around improving customer support:
- Making Your Knowledge Base Interactive with Decision Trees
- The Most Important Customer Support Stats for 2018
- Customer Service Skills for the Next Generation of Support