Update April 11, 2020: Version 3.0 of the Agent Scripting app now supports Instant Notes.
If you’re running live support or a contact center with Freshdesk, you’ll want to use the latest Zingtree Freshdesk app for Agent Scripting. This update supports the new Freshdesk Mint interface and helps guide live agents to solve problems and follow processes.
With a single button click, your decision trees appear like this in Freshdesk:
Install this custom app from the Freshdesk App Marketplace as follows:
- Go to your Freshdesk Admin, and click on Apps (under Helpdesk productivity).
- Click Get More Apps.
- Search for “Zingtree”, and click the Zingtree App.
- Click Install.
Freshdesk may take up to 30 minutes for your app to be available.
Configure your App
There are two settings for your app:
- The tree ID of the tree you want to appear first (required). The default just shows all the data variables passed into Zingtree.
- An option to send data from your Freshdesk ticket to Zingtree. If you enable this, you’ll be able to show information from the ticket in your decision tree or do automatic branching using Logic Nodes.
Using the Agent Scripting App
When viewing a ticket, click the Zingtree button at the top:
The decision tree you configured will appear.
Zingtree decision trees are easy for anyone to use immediately. But there are a couple of bonuses under the hood you will appreciate:
- Pause and Resume: When you reload a ticket and click the app button, the decision tree will return to the last place visited. In addition, you can click the History link to see what transpired previously. This is really helpful if a call is dropped, or if a ticket is transferred to a new agent.
- Instant Notes: With a single click, agents can add internal notes to a ticket from a template you provide. This can include the transcript of the session, any data gathered, or anything else you like. These notes can then be edited before they are saved. This is a HUGE timesaver for your agents. Learn more here.
- Agent Feedback: At the bottom right, you’ll see the Agent Feedback button.
Your agents can click this to send comments back to the authors of the tree. This is a great way to continue to improve your knowledge base, and also involve your agents in the publishing process.