Update August 2018: You can now include History or Breadcrumbs in embedded trees.
When using a Zingtree, have you ever thought how nice it would be to see some more context of where you are in the tree? Or the steps it took to get to where you are? Come and discover Zingtree’s two contextual publishing options: History and Breadcrumbs.
History allows you to see every step you took while using the tree:
Breadcrumbs show the sequence of node titles that appeared throughout your journey through the tree:
How to Add History or Breadcrumbs
The Publishing Links tool makes it easy to add History or Breadcrumbs to your published trees. This works for both Hosted and Embedded trees.
- Go to the Publishing Links tool.
- Click Advanced Hosting Options underneath Hosted or Embedded.
- Select Show History or Show Breadcrumbs from the Path Options:
- Use the URL or embed code provided to add the option to your published tree.
Advanced Stuff: Modifying URLs Directly
You can also modify the URL for your published trees to add history or breadcrumbs.
For hosted trees:
- Add &show_history=1 or &show_breadcrumbs=1 to the URL for the tree.
For embedded trees:
- Add &embed_history=1 or &embed_breadcrumbs=1 to the iFrame URL.
Enjoy your history and breadcrumbs, and let us know what you think!
This article was originally published on October 23, 2015, and has been updated to reflect recent updates.