A lot of business processes can be enhanced by sending notifications to people when certain stages are reached. For example, the Zingtree Task Manager makes it easy to notify key stakeholders when a process reaches a certain point, and if they need to act upon it. Notifications are simple messages that can be triggered from any node in your decision tree.
You have these options:
- Text Messages: You’ll receive a simple SMS message to your mobile phone.
- Emails: A simple, text email message.
- Slack: Send a message to any of your Slack channels.
Notifications can be sent to one or more people and can include variables gathered during your Zingtree session.
How to Add Notifications
Text messages, Emails, and Slack Notifications are available via Account > My Apps:
Here’s how to add a notification:
- From Account, My Apps, pick from Slack, Text Message or Email notification.
- Add information about the notification. Text messages notifications look like this:Email notifications like this:Slack notifications let you select a channel to post to, like this:
Once you’ve added a notification to your organization, you can attach it to any node.
- Edit the node where you want to send the notification from.
- Click the Apps/Webhooks tab, and then Add App/Webhook.
- Pick the notification you added previously, and enter the message to send. In this example, we’ll choose a Slack notification, and send a message about a new blog post.
Notice that the message above contains a variable #task_name#. You can include any variables from the Zingtree session in notification messages.
- Click Save Changes when done.
You can add several notifications to a node; so, for example, you could send a text message and an email all at once.
Do you have a cool application for using notifications? Please share, or contact us if you have questions or suggestions.