This latest Zingtree update includes the new Document Node type, and a smattering of small improvements:
- New: Edit Tree Node can now open selected tree in a new tab for editing (Paul G, Sebastian V.).
- New: email-session-info.php has new parameters for subject, body, from, secure_data_link. You can also include multiple emails separated by commas. Details here. (Alok)
- New: Link nodes can now accept variables (both Data Entry Fields and Merge Variables).
- Update: Added “Add Node” option to main tree tools page.
- Fix: Duplicating Scoring nodes now also copies scoring branch rules.
- Fix: Root node no longer ever appears as an Answer node, even if there are no choices yet.
- Fix: Copy Node now works properly again from Overview (Chrissie, Admin).
- Update: Edit Node can now set the Start node.
- Fix: Multi-line text fields now input form data from previous form fills.
- Fix: Edit Node preview now renders blank questions properly.
- Fix: One across button layouts are now shorter, centered (Deb & Tif).
- Fix: unchecking “Use Scoring” when editing buttons in Edit Node no longer keeps scoring variable.
- Update: Now shows scoring variables for data entry fields in simple overview summary, Edit Node data entry fields summary.
- Fix: Long feedback comments display better.
- Update: Can now read and delete comments on Scoring nodes (Chrissie).
- Fix: Instant preview in edit-node-content after deleting a data entry field no longer shows a blank for that field.
- Fix: Simple overview buttons don’t wrap on smaller screen sizes.
- Fix: Added extra capacity for servers, fixed server scaling issue.
We love feedback. Send us your ideas!
This week’s updates, as always, are all about YOU. Some recent customer requests that we added into Zingtree include:
- Persistent buttons now can be accessed via keyboard tabbing (Thanks Carl!)
- Tree nodes now have option to jump to a specific node in new tree (Thanks Oi Yee!)
And some other things that everybody wants:
- Added some server reliability checks and redundancy. We had a little bit of down time this week, and thanks to Amazon we now have a better system in place to keep traffic away from unhealthy servers.
- Cleaned up Tools menu colors and button positions. Hopefully this makes more sense, and you all have discovered the goodies in the More Tools menu by now.
- There are also a few more data integrity checks when using Designer.
Our customers are always smarter than we are, so if you have a suggestion, comment or bug report, tell us here.
Thanks to your suggestions, we’ve had a slew of great ideas for updates. Most recently, we’ve focused on how we handle the roles of multiple people in an organization all using Zingtree. Here are the highlights:
- Add/manage Collaborators has moved to the drop menu under This Tree, and on the main page of tools.
- Unassign (remove myself as collaborator), is now called “Remove Me”, and it found under manage Collaborators.
- The Collaborators screen shows YOUR permissions for the current tree.
- For payments and billing, there is now a single person in each organization that manages that function. Just this person gets email notices of receipts, too. This “Billing Administrator” can assign the role to someone else.
We also fixed a couple of small bugs, and did some usability studies and enhancements – all very subtle.
As always, please share your great ideas with us!