This past month’s updates include some new security and access restriction features, performance enhancements, interface improvements, and a variety of small bug fixes. Here are the details:
- New Change Log report to show what authors have done. Also exportable to CSV.
- New Hidden Field data entry type (for Ted B, Others)
- New API calls for agent_add, agent_remove. (These are no-login agents.)
- Google sign-in authentication for agents (for Benjamin)
- Push Live tool
- Server updates and extra capacity
- Performance enhancements with smarter file caching. Added cache_tree URL parameter option.
- Different Single Sign-on Identity Providers for authors and agents.
- Internally logging security events (logins, failed logins, email sends, tree changes)
- Single Sign-on logins for agent portal (Lynne H.)
- ##include_url: ## template macro for loading data from 3rd party URLs
- Agent Portal now has #agent_first_name# variable. (Craig S.)
- Can now pass new merge variables into a pause-and-resume session (Geoff)
- Updated Zendesk Agent Scripting App. New agent_tags variable included in URL, no more flashing when going between tickets.
- Session summary from Zendesk app now shows which agent did which click (Sonny R.)
- Add Agent can now use a no-login option.
- Max video upload size is now 150 MB (from 50 Mb) (Darryl )
- Session Info cookie is now protected by https.
- Agent portal node search now includes node tags (Jonathan B)
- Reordered Add Node selections based upon popularity.
- Reordered node icons in Designer by popularity.
- New Tutorials and Videos.
- Easier-to-use Edit Content Node. Now uses tabs to surface advanced options.
- Pop-up editors in Designer now use more screen space.
- Easier-to-navigate Settings tool uses tabs.
- Tools pages and drop-down tools menu reorganized.
- Consistent tree info display across tools.
- Formatting of default hosted link on Publishing Tools page – removed extra spaces at front.
- No more weird message when viewing gallery trees in Designer.
- Node editor – Data entry fields no longer appear by default in question nodes.
- Node editor – switching between question and answer types now keeps tabs straight.
- Node editor – Dragging to reorder buttons or data entry fields now positions items properly in range of editor.
- Reordering nodes in Simple Overview now shows node being moved in proper position.
- Simple Overview no longer shows empty “Variables: “
- Session Details no longer unnecessarily shows tree name from starting tree in each step.
- Node editor no longer flashes a bunch of blank buttons when first loading.
- Archiving Development version of a tree also archives the live version (Vlad).
- No longer showing button class overrides (i.e. .btn-red) in front of History (Tal D.)
- Designer no longer adds “score” variable to new nodes.
- Zapier interface handles newlines in data entry variables properly (i.e. Session History variable) (Gabe L.)
- Importing session_history variable into a pause and resume session no longer causes a JS error (John H.)
- #agent# now gets used as a variable in Agent Portal (Ted B.)
- Space character in agent login no longer makes agent portal tree viewing fail (Gordon S.)
- Cleaned up tree search tool for Live vs. Development trees.
- Nodes with tree search forms now locate live or development versions depending on live/dev status of the originating tree.
- Tree search nodes no longer always return results where page title had “search” in it. Also didn’t properly look for page titles.
- FAQ and end-user tree searches no longer return every node when searching keywords “title”, “span”, and other HTML elements.
- Zapier authentication no longer ignores fields that were once empty (Josh D).
- Zendesk Agent App: Newline in Zendesk custom field or merge variable value caused no session to be saved.
- Session Matrix report uses faster queries, no longer displays button formatting overrides.
- Responsive image selection now works properly for all image insert operations.
- Compare Trees tool no longer shows “Return to previous tree” as an option.
- Data Entry Fields: Required markers for placeholders now appear on the same line as input control for small display widths (Jay H.).
- Data entry fields no longer have extra line space between them in small display widths (Jay H.).
- Address auto-complete and validation no longer fails when a pre-existing address is in the form (Jay H.).
- No longer tries to validate empty phone numbers (Jay H.).
- “Add another” for repeating form entries is now working properly on all browsers.
- Ill-formed include_url blocks no longer reload this tree, causing a propagation of buttons.
- “Sorry, but you don’t belong to organization…” endless login loop message no longer when organization no longer accessible.
- Clicking tree search results didn’t always change the page.
- Clicking search results should now always change the page.
- IPV6 addresses now work for getting location data (Raj).
- Changing email address in login info now goes to proper logout page.
- Copying or moving trees to new organizations also copies webhooks. (Raj)
Thanks to all of our customers who contacted us with great suggestions and astute observations.
If you have a suggestion for us or see something that you think could be done better – please let us know!
This summer has seen a lot of improvements to Zingtree – both new features and updates. As part of our commitment to transparency, here’s what’s been changed since our last updates post:
Updates and Bug Fixes:
- Update: Simple Overview shows tree ID in tree nodes
- Fix: Content Editor: Pasting images inside an ordered or unordered lists no longer creates a new list. (Mark W., Antonio J.)
- Update: New Browser tab graphics.
- Fix: Deleting nodes now properly deletes attached data entry fields, webhook calls. (Soren)
- Fix: Reimporting trees over previous tree now removes data entry fields from previous version. (Soren)
- Fix: Pressing ENTER in date form field (or other fields) no longer shows “no tree specified” error. (Jay H.)
- Update: Clicks and Usage report now includes info buttons for “Sessions Started” and “Sessions Clicked”. Because people have asked about this.
- Fix: Changing custom CSS theme no longer changes look of Overview Thumbnails buttons.
- Update: Cleaned up Zendesk Support app renderings for Q&A, All Data.
- Update: Search in a tree, then back, no longer fails in Zendesk Agent Scripting app.
- Update: Does date validation for specific formats (mm/dd/yy and dd/mm/yy). (Jay H, David R.).
- UI: Added Import button to My Trees, removed some import options from Create Tree.
- UI: More Tools is now organized better.
- Fix: Generating transaction receipt no longer fails if no time zone set.
- Fix: Tabs in gathered data no longer mess up Form Data report CSV export. (Mesam)
- Update: Added Copy Organization option. (Ted B.)
- Fix: Session Detail edit links now go to proper subtrees. (Lynne H.)
- Update: Cleaned up file upload UI in Edit Node.
- Fix: deploy/session-detail.php now shows questions / titles properly. (Alok)
- Fix: Add/ Edit/Delete Collaborators now only updates rights on trees in the current organization. (Ted B.)
- Update: added Tree ID and Node # to bottom of Agent Portal. (Sasha D.)
- Fix: Pasting images now locates images in clipboard. Works better with SnagIt.
- Fix: Empty fields (from visited nodes) now show up in form data. (for Ted B.)
- Fix: validating multiple emails or phone numbers in a single form now shows status just on proper entry. (Jay H.)
- Fix: validation badges for email, phone in placeholder mode now align properly. (Jay H.)
- Fix: Designer no longer shows new override classes in labels.
- Fix: Designer no longer incorrectly changes labels incoming to logic nodes.
- Fix: Send custom email stock webhook now sets the reply-to properly. (Ted B.)
- Update: Send Custom Email webhook can now handle multiple emails in the “to” field. (Ted B.)
- Fix: Phone (tel) and email field types now properly autoload values from merge variables. (Jay H.)
- Fix: Required fields with placeholders now have red asterisk and data entry field on the same line. (Jay H.)
- UI: Edit tree node hides start node, return node when tree selection is unspecified or “return to previous tree”.
- Update: Tree Node editor can now select a node to return to from a list.
- Update: WP plug-in version 4.0 now supports pop-up buttons, multiple embeds on a page, and fixes scrolling issues.
- Update: Creating a new organization can now automatically tie billing to existing org owned by Billing Admin or Super User.
- Update: Super User now can manage billing Admin tasks as well. (Marc)
- Update: Customer’s credit usage report shows Lookup Credits used (if any used).
- Fix: Address, city, state and zip field types now properly autoload values from merge variables. (Jay H.)
- Fix: Popup Overlay options now works properly when button text includes an apostrophe. (Albert D.)
- Fix: Send Custom Email technique now manages line breaks in multiline text forms properly. (Nicola)
Got any bugs or suggestions? Please let us know!
We’ve been busy this summer – so much so that we haven’t had a chance to share all the great updates we’ve done in the last couple of months! So here’s a list of all the latest improvements to Zingtree:
- New: Popup overlay option
- Fix: Webhooks now run when added to root node
- New: Pre-defined webhooks (Session Summary, Timestamp, Send Custom Email)
- Fix: Phone number field type can now be set as ‘required” (Boruch)
- Fix: Preview now shows agent / end-user views properly (Boruch)
- Update: Sessions List report now paginates at 500 per page (Roman)
- New: Send secure session data link in email node also now includes a link to reopen the session (Boruch)
- Fix: Zendesk app Q&A now shows all button clicks, even when going through subtrees (Phillip R.)
- Fix: Session detail report now shows subtree jumps properly (Phillip R.)
- Fix: PHP API call for tree_sessions now recognizes tree_sessions operation.
- New: Repeating Forms
- Fix: Designer now properly saves absolute button click values (i.e. =3)
- Fix: Agent logins with trailing space characters now work in Agent Portal
- Fix: Designer now always shows root node properly
- New: Search Terms report
- Update: Added Copy to Clipboard button for iFrame embed advanced options
- New: Timestamp stock webhook (for Abe in Japan)
- Update: Cleaned up API documentation so section titles and calls properly matched
- Update: Layout of My Agents page improved
- Fix: Phone number verification now treats numbers starting with 1 as International style. Allows for easy verification of USA numbers entered starting with 1.
- Update: Made margins smaller for embeds in mobile device.
- New: added email validation option, phone number validation (Tom K., Alok)
- Fix: Verified badges for address lookups now align with input forms
- Fix: Address verification now looks better on smaller screen displays
- Fix: Copying trees now also properly copies checkbox score values in data entry forms (Ana)
- New: Added CSV export to All Tree Stats report.
- New: USA Address auto-complete and verification system in place
- Update: Increased max form fields to 50 (Jonathan K)
- Update: Scoring nodes can now call webhooks
- Update: Webhooks and apps no longer run asynchronously, so webhook data is available immediately upon node launch
- Fix: Recovering trees from snapshots no longer duplicates form fields
- Fix: Copying a tree saves new copy as first entry in snapshots, labels the copy event properly
- Update: All tree Stats report shows totals in the last row (Diana T.), lets you select an organization
- Fix: Thin line at top of embedded trees no longer appears (Josh S)
- Update: Agent portal “Done with Customer” button now logs that as a button click in session logs
- Fix: Plus signs in email addresses now get transferred properly via email-session-info link nodes.
- Fix: Embed options now always uses https by default.
- Fix: Publishing links cleaned up for https always.
- Update: Custom CSS URLs are now forced to be https in Settings tool.
- New: Data Totals report
- Fix: Saving layouts with unlinked nodes in Designer no longer gives weird error messages
- Fix: “Default Browser” as browser type broke Zendesk agent scripting app for some people
- Fix: Redirecting from http to https didn’t work for some really long URLs. Including Zendesk Agent Scripting app.
- Fix: Webhooks now handle URLs with variables with spaces properly
- Update: Now forces https for all URLs
- New: Added zt_browser as an enhanced location variable
- Fix: Pressing restart button reloads enhanced location variables, merge variables
- Update: Question field length now 500 characters (Julie C.)
- Fix: Updated location data for higher volume lookups
- Fix: Resetting button click variables on the first click now works properly.
- Update: Export to CSV buttons now at top of each report page (for Josh)
- New: Option to switch between running total and fixed value for button click scoring
Whew! That’s a lot of updates over the last two months.
Whenever possible, we give credit to the customer who suggested an improvement. So if you have a brilliant idea, a suggestion, or a real need, let us know and we’ll do our best to make it part of the next update.
These past two weeks have been spent making Zingtree location aware, along with a few other things…
Here’s the latest:
- New: Collect Location Data option (geo / language).
- New: User signups set default timezone automatically from IP data.
- Update: Single Sign-on Service provider Entity ID now requires a URL. One less thing to go wrong.
- Update: Hides title and/or content area in panels mode if blank (for Josh).
- Update: Form data report field names are now output in sorted order. (for Sherry S.)
- Update: Compare trees tool has improved layout, can now toggle showing designer layout data.
- Update: CSV import and CSV export can now handle scoring variables and scored button clicks (for Katie P.).
- Update: Add Collaborator process has one less screen, more consistent with other processes.
- New: In the Zendesk Agent Scripting app, adding ::tag to the end of button text will trigger Zendesk tags to be sent when button clicked. (for Katie P.)
- Update: New spreadsheet import examples to showcase new features, including Logic Node import, scoring and more.
- Fix: Proper discount rate shows when ordering a new plan, buying bulk credits.
- Fix: Link Nodes opening in new tab restore last viewed node, remove the “please wait” thing (for Logan).
- Fix: Apostrophes in merge variable values are now handled correctly (Chris P.)
Got a suggestion for an update? Give us a shout!
Besides turning Scoring Nodes into more powerful Logic Nodes, we’ve done a lot of little improvements and fixes in the last 30 days. In particular, we’ve had a few requests for enhancing Data Entry capabilities.
Here’s what’s new:
- New: Logic nodes
- API: delete_form_data returns better error message if deleting already deleted form data (Jay H.)
- Fix: Link nodes now wait for session data to save before linking out. Makes API calls from linked node work 100% reliably.
- Fix: SSO URLs are now REST compliant (no & or ? characters) (Priya)
- New: Added browser_language built-in variable (Eric J.)
- Update: Logic node editor can set root node.
- Update: Tree nodes can be set as root node (Chris P.)
- Update: Only allows letters, numbers and underscores in tags. (Morgan A.)
- Update: Edit Content Node shows advanced options by default if tags or any other advanced option is set (Bill Z.)
- Update: Simple Overview shows node tags on each line (if they exist). (Bill Z.)
- Update: Link nodes now show a “please wait” message, in case new page is slow to open. Also improves email-session-info.php experience.
- Fix: No longer able to inadvertently create node #0 from Document Node editor. (James W.)
- Update: Tree search (and search in Zingtree FAQ) now shows node title and tag matches first. This gives more relevant results for tree searches.
- Fix: host-trees integration URL with a space in the agent name source= parameter now gives correct results (Juan C.).
- Update: Create Tree for Excel, Sheets options now includes direct links to Excel, Sheets example files.
- Fix: Blank lines in bulk agent submit no longer show an errant error message. (Allen J.)
- Fix: removed extra white space at the bottom of embedded trees (Josh S.). (Requires getting new embed code.)
- Fix: Now saves form data when jumping to a new tree and not continuing past the first node (Diana T.).
- Fix: Session List CSV export now uses local time.
- New: Session List (All Trees) Report (for Koltyn)
- Fix: Agent feedback button didn’t show or work properly in embedded trees (Morgan).
- Update: Button labels can now be 255 characters.
- Update: Increased database performance by moving to SSD storage.
- Fix: Now allows tags to be entered without having to press ENTER.
- Update: Default tag choices that appear in tag list drop down in Settings, My Agents are from all agents and trees, and only from current organization.
- New: Email and password field types now included in Data Entry Forms (Imran, Maximiliano)
- Update: Now supports “required” option for radio buttons in data entry forms (Imran, Diana T.)
- Fix: Tooltips now always appear
- Fix: Preview for authors with apostrophes in their name now works properly (Joe O’)
- Fix: Nopermalink now gets passed as a parameter for host-trees.php (Jenn V.)
- Fix: Uses https:// for hosting when going from https://zingtree.com/host-trees.php (Jenn V.)
- Update: SSO restriction is set by default for new trees if SSO is set up for organization (Jenn V.)
- Update: Better CSS for panels style tree rendering.
- Update: Spaces in search parameters sent to host-trees.php turn into underscores so tag matching can work properly (Jenn V.)
- Fix: Clicks and Usage report wasn’t showing true engagement due to using last click time.
- Fix: Empty scoring variables no longer cause JS errors when rendering trees (Bob H.)
- Fix: Emailed session transcripts from multi-tree sessions now get the proper questions before the tree jump (Travis A.)
- Fix: Webhooks with no returned data no longer make JS errors while rendering tree (Bob H.)
- Fix: Editing data entry fields – can now properly set Required attribute for multiline text fields (Bob H.)
- Fix: Launching trees from host-trees.php now properly passes along agent name (Juan C.)
- New: /api/get-history-data.php for use with updated Zendesk Support app
- Update: Agent feedback now includes link to session transcript (Katheryn P.)
- Update: Added last_click_time fields to get_session_data API call (Ricardo)
As always, let us know if you have any suggestions, comments, or brilliant ideas!
Being able to see how much time and money you are saving with Zingtree makes us all feel good and useful. So this past week we’ve been working with some of our customers to make reporting cleaner.
Here’s what’s new with reporting:
- Fix: All Tree Stats, Clicks and Usage and Popular Nodes now using same measurement techniques for engagement (Olivier).
- Fix: Session Detail report now shows duration from first click (Jane A.).
- Update: Added Agent Details to All Agents report.
Our APIs and integrations also needed a few tweaks to help solve some business problems for our customers. Here’s what’s new on the API side:
- Fix: Zendesk session ID stuffer leaves existing session IDs in place in case of error submitting ticket form (Iggy).
- Fix: Back button keeps data entry field values. (Chrispy).
- Update for Zendesk tag matching (Jorge).
- Update: /api/tree-tag-search.php now takes a minimum number of tags to match (Jorge).
- Update: Zendesk API now returns a blank instead of “false” if no session IDs present (Bryan M.).
- Fix: API for tree tag matching strips trailing commas from search string.
- Update: Tree tag matching now returns results in alphabetical order.
Got any great ideas? Chat us up!
In the last days of 2016 and the first few days of 2017, while eating and drinking like everyone else, we also spent some time making Zingtree just that much better. It’s good karma to start the new year well, right?
Here’s what’s new for 2017 (so far):
- Update: Session List report now shows total time from first click, rather that tree launch. Also shows European time if in Europe, and removes unneeded columns (Ricardo L.).
- Fix: Apostrophes in user names no longer cause tree preview to fail (Lauren D’A).
- Fix: Tree names with quotes no longer break designer when being referred to in tree nodes.
- Update: Session Details report now shows timezone of organization’s super user (Tobias H).
- Update: Data Entry checkboxes now include option for scoring (Vanessa, David).
- Fix: Display order in Simple Overview works properly even after “set start node” is changed in Edit Node.
- Fix: All Agents report now includes just sessions with clicks, not ALL sessions.
- Fix: Sessions paused and restarted now always have have proper state for restarting.
- Fix: Fade transition effect for “all tree search” now works properly.
- Update: Hosted tree search for “node content” now searches through page titles and questions, as well as content area.
- Fix: Copy Node now clears clear tree cache (Arie S.).
- Update: Now using Google CDN for more reliable loading of key included files.
Got a new year’s resolution we can help you achieve? Send us a note!