You guys are awesome! We’ve received a few suggestions from some of you recently to make Zingtree even more useful. These are now live.
Here’s what we heard:
- “Increase the number of buttons per node”. Done. Is 30 buttons enough?
- “Allow us to add merge variables to a node”. Done. You can now pass in merge values for the title, content, question or button text. For example, a software company wanted to pass in the latest version number into a troubleshooter tree, without having to change the tree each time. Mission accomplished by just adding a couple of parameters to the end of the URL.
Here’s a quick primer on adding merge variables:
- Edit a node, and insert text like “#NAME#”, “#VERSION#’ anywhere into the node where you want to substitute a variable.
- Pass the name of the variables, and their corresponding values, into the URL for hosting or deploying your tree. Separate the variables with a | character. Just add a string like this to the end of the Zingtree hosted URL or within the embed code:
- You can learn more about passing variables from the Share page for any tree.
- Try the Merge Variables Demo to see a live example.
- You can also examine the Merge Variables Demo tree from the Gallery.