As a part of our continued efforts to make building decision trees easier and easier, we’ve updated the Zingtree Visual Designer tool to work better than ever.
Here’s what’s new:
- Question Nodes and Answer Nodes are now a single type: Content Nodes. This makes it easier to add button options to any node with content in it.
- The pop-up node editor can now edit button assignments, and these are immediately updated in the Designer view.
- The “Save Layout” function is eliminated, as any changes to the tree are saved automatically.
- Creating an image of the tree design via the PNG Export option now generates a full-size image, and eliminates unnecessary whitespace at the edges.
- You can change the Root Node from within Designer (via the pop-up editor).
- Designer loads 2x faster in most cases.
- Unlinked buttons appear as red arrows, and the “UNLINKED” node can now be moved and repositioned.
- Deleting buttons now updates the button order rank of the remaining buttons.
- New, sharper hi-res icons.
Here’s an example of what you’ll see in the new Designer:
One other thing: We’ve eliminated the Undo and Redo buttons. Since changes to the tree save automatically, any previous versions can be retrieved using the Snapshots tool.
This update was a lot more work than it appears on the surface, as often we find that incremental improvements in the overall tree-building experience take a lot of time to build and test.
We hope you like the update! Please reach out with any questions, observations or suggestions.