Update: Version 12 is now available. Learn more and install it from here.
Zendesk continues to surge in popularity, and we’re finding that a lot of our customers are using it, especially for Call Center agent scripts. Over the past weeks, we’ve had a lot of great conversations with our clients using Zendesk, and have come up with a big update to our Agent Scripting solution!
Update: Watch this 3 minute video to see the Zendesk Agent Scripting App in action:
New and Notable in Version 6:
- We’ve included Agent Feedback (the orange chat bubble) – now, an agent can send notes to the Authors of the tree from any node – this feedback loop helps authors continually improve the tree scripts.
- You can now have multiple scripts run from within the app. First, you’ll need to set up Zendesk Brands. When a ticket is opened or the brand changes, the app locates a tree associated with that brand (h/t Dave T).
- There is no more custom field needed – this was causing an extra “Zingtree Agent Scripting” field to appear in mobile ticket forms (h/t Emanuela).
- All the latest publishing features are present in the app, including Scoring nodes.
Installing the Zendesk Agent Scripting App:
- Download the app from here.
- In your Zendesk Admin, go to Apps, Manage, and click Upload Private App.
- Enter a name for the App, like “Agent Scripting.”
- Click Choose File, and locate the file you downloaded in step 1.
- Click the Upload button.
- The App Settings screen will appear.
- Enter the Tree ID of the script you want to appear by default.
- If you want the tree to display in Panels style, check Display in Panel style. Otherwise, the tree will display in Buttons style.
- Optional: To take advantage of having the Agent Scripting App choose a tree according to brand, check Open script based upon Brand. Then, enter your API Key located in Zingtree, under Account, Organizations and Billing at the bottom of the page.
- Click Install.
Making Trees Trigger According to Zendesk Brand:
Using Zingtree’s Tree Tags, your App can select the tree that corresponds to the current Brand in use on a Zendesk ticket. Switching Brands will also switch the tree script displayed. Here’s how to set this up:
- In Zendesk Admin, go to Manage Brands, and locate the subdomain of the brand. For example, if the brand is listed as myproduct.zendesk.com, the subdomain is myproduct.
- In Zingtree, go to the Settings tool for your tree, and add the Zendesk subdomain as a Tree Tag.
Bonus: Insert Agent Name into Your Script
Many call center scripts start with something like “Hello, this is ______” . You can automatically insert the name of the agent into your script simply by adding #agent# anywhere you want the agent name to appear.
Any questions? Please reach out to us any time!